Since I haven't done a baking post in a while and it's GBBO day, I thought i'd pop up a delicious recipe for lemon drizzle cake. It's really easy to make and is split into two parts, the cake and the drizzle. This mix fills a whole loaf tin, so be prepared to eat it all yourself or having people to share it with. I also think lemon curd would be amazing baked into the middle of this, I haven't tried it this time but maybe next time.
3 large eggs
170g self-raising flour
170g caster sugar
170g butter (soft)
1 teaspoon baking powder
110g icing sugar
What you have to do:
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Mix your eggs together and slowly add the flour so there's no lumps.
- Add in the sugar and butter until combined.
- Add baking powder and the zest of the 2 lemons.
- Cook for 30-45 minutes depending on your oven.
- Check if it's done by putting a knife into the centre and if it comes out clean, then it's done.
- Pop out of the cake tin and put on display plate or dish.
- Next you'll want to poke holes in your cake with a skewer.
- Mix the icing and juice of 2 lemons, and pour on top of your cake.
- slice and EAT!